Video: How to Get Started in our Community

Community Manager
Community Manager

Video: How to Get Started in our Community

Welcome to our PowerSchool Community! This short video will give you a nice overview of how to join and get started in participating in our Community.

If you already have a PowerSchool Community account, you can skip the section on registration, and learn about how to navigate and participate in the Community.

JbidK
PowerSchool Community Manager
9 Replies
hackashs
Hobbyist

Re: Video: How to Get Started in our Community

Under Product Support > Enterprise Resource Planning > I can see eFinancePLUS (screen shot attached). However, my coworker does not have the eFinancePLUS as an option.  How does he obtain access to the eFinancePlus icon?

Stephanie Hackash, CPA
Director of Finance
Reading School District
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Hi @hackashs,

Thank you for posting! In order to view the eFinance PLUS area of the Community, a user must be listed as a technical contact. Once they have been added to that list, that option should appear when they log in under their account. I hope this is helpful and please let me know if you have any more questions! 

Best,

JoshK

PowerSchool Community Admin

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
hackashs
Hobbyist

how do you add as a technical contact?  

Stephanie Hackash, CPA
Director of Finance
Reading School District
Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

This is a great question!

If you are a Technical Contact, we recommend managing Technical Contact in the district in PowerSource, support.powerschool.com.  Technical Contacts can be added and removed within PowerSource.

If a user is not a Technical Contact and feels he or she should be added as a Technical Contact, I recommend reaching out to the district's PowerSchool Admin to request the role.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
jbenziger
Trainee

I can't find anything that is helpful on this community page.  I need information on Powerteacher pro Reporting terms not showing up.  Only the Y20 no quarters or semesters.  Where can I find this help?  Thanks

PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Has your PowerSchool administrator setup years and terms, the calendar and Final Grade/Reporting Term Setup for the new school year? There is a whole checklist of things to be done on the admin side before PowerTeacher Pro is ready for the teachers.

jbenziger
Trainee

Yes this has all been done.  Still no terms showing up, only YR20

PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

If years and terms and final grade reporting terms have all been setup correctly and only y19-20 is showing up, I would suggest that your technical contact call PowerSchool Support. They have the ability to actually log into PowerSchool and physically check all of the settings to troubleshoot. It's very hard to do that via the forums other than offering suggestions. On the PowerTeacher start page I don't think courses will show up until the first day established in the calendar and years and terms. 

Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Thank you for reaching out regarding access in the Community! @jbenziger 

I have followed-up in a private message to discuss Community access further.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!