Log Entries

stahleya
Hobbyist

Log Entries

As a teacher, how do I view Log Entries that I've entered?

8 Replies
HeatherWeist
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

@stahleya   You would see them in the same place where you enter them for a student. However, if your school does not have that feature turned on then you won't be able to see them. I'd talk to your admin or PS SIS person to see if they can turn that feature on. 

Heather Weist, MEd
PowerSchool - SIS Administrator, Commonwealth Charter Academy

PowerSchool Mentor/Champion

PowerSchool Mentor of the Year 2021 Winner

PowerSchool Beta Tester of the Year 2022 Winner

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge
glongo
Padawan

Is there anywhere to find information on how to turn this feature on?  I have worked at a school where I could see all log entries that I have made for each student.  At my current school, I am not allowed to see any log entries and only people with admin access can see them.  My admins keep informing us that it is impossible to change the setting for individual teachers to see their own entries.  If you could please point me in the right direction so I can tell our tech department it is possible.  Thank you!

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @glongo 

We recommend contacting your SIS Administrator to confirm that you have the proper group permissions.

Please let us know if this helps or in case of any further queries.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Nititohir
Practitioner

can teacher see the log entries that created in Admin Portal ?

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Nititohir

Teachers cannot view log entries from the teacher portal. They would either require Admin role to view them or access to the Admin's portal.

You can share this idea as an Enhancement Request on  PowerSchool Ideas Portal so that the product team can take a look at this. This article should walk you through how to raise an Enhancement Request.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

GinaC2
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

There is a customization available that would grant this access if your PowerSchool Admin thinks it might be worth looking into. It can be found here: https://support.powerschool.com/exchange/view.action?download.id=867&fromSearchResults=true

Gina Ciprotti
New Story Schools
PowerSchool System Analyst
Nititohir
Practitioner

can teacher see the log entries that create in admin portal if we use this customization ?

thanks for sharing

GinaC2
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

Yes it is possible depending on your settings. You can also allow teachers to create entries as well. But you have options like - do you want them to only edit ones they enter, for a certain amount of time, etc - I didn't create the customization, but I've had schools that used it in the past.

Gina Ciprotti
New Story Schools
PowerSchool System Analyst