PowerSchool Ideas Portal FAQs

Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

PowerSchool Ideas Portal FAQs

Q: Why is my product not listed on the Product list? 

Some PowerSchool products have idea intake integrated within the product itself. Those products are not yet integrated with the PowerSchool Ideas Portal but are planned for inclusion at a later timeThis includes eSchoolPluseFinancePlusBusinessPlus, atrieveERP, and Schoology. For these products, you can continue to submit enhancement requests as you currently do. We will send out a communication when these products have been added to our PowerSchool Ideas Portal. 

Q: How do I get notified of updates to my ideas? 

A: Email notifications are currently disabled in the PowerSchool Ideas Portal due to technical limitations. We are working with our partner/vendor to address these limitations so that we can offer email notifications in the future. In the meantime, you can browse ideas by status in the PowerSchool Ideas Portal.  

Q: I see an option to view Subscribed ideas. How can I subscribe? 

A: When we are able to implement email notifications as mentioned in the previous question, we will re-enable subscriptions and you will be able to see Ideas you have subscribed to.  

Q: Can I make an enhancement request for Community? 

A: We have received this feedback and we agree and will plan to add Community to the list of products. It will not be ready as part of our initial launch, but we will look into adding it along with other products as we continue to expand our enhancements process. For now, you can share your Community ideas through this post. 

Q: What happened to the ideas I submitted in PowerSource? 

A: Enhancements previously submitted via the Enhancement Request System in PowerSource are being migrated to the PowerSchool Ideas Portal.  

Q: I used to use the Enhancement Request System on PowerSource. Is that still available? 

A: PowerSchool recommends that new enhancement ideas be submitted in the new PowerSchool Ideas Portal. The Enhancement Request System in PowerSource will eventually be deprecated.  

Q: Can you vote an idea down instead of up? 

A: If you’ve already voted on an idea, you can click the Vote button again to remove your vote. However, you cannot decrease the vote count on an idea if you haven’t already voted on it.  

Q: Why do I see products on the list that I don’t use? 

A: The PowerSchool welcomes ideas for any of our products, even if you currently do not use a given product.  

Q: What does each of the statuses mean? 

• Reviewed – Unscheduled: The idea has been reviewed by a member of the Product Management team. This does not mean that the idea is scheduled for a future product release.  
  • Scheduled – Future Release: PowerSchool plans to implement an enhancement to our software based on the idea.  
  • In Development: A development team is actively working on implementing an enhancement based on the idea.  
  • Shipped: An enhancement based on the idea has been shipped in a generally available version of our software.  
  • Already exists: Our software already includes the functionality requested in the idea.  
  • Will not implement: The idea will not be implemented.  

Q: Why are the ideas I submitted previously not listed under My Ideas? 

A: Due to some limitations during the migration process, we are not able to associate migrated ideas with the original submitterYou can still browse or search for these ideas in the PowerSchool Ideas Portal.  

For more information on how to add an idea, comment, or vote on an idea, please see our article or watch our quick video. 

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!