Portal login: Unable to verify email

jbielli

Portal login: Unable to verify email

I'm a parent - I receive the "PowerSchool Account Email Verification" message with the link to verify my email address of my newly created account.

Clicking the link takes me to a login page - upon logging in, it says my email address needs to be verified.  I click resend.  Receive new verification email, click link, same thing.  Ad infinitum.  I've tried mobile browsers, desktop browsers, private browsing, everything under the sun.  Clearly i'm getting the verification email, and clicking the link, but it simply will not "verify" my email.

This shouldnt be so difficult - there should be a phone number i can call to get this sorted.  Whats the deal?

3 Replies
jasonbengs
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

I know you have tried multiple ways to sign in, have you verified you are using the URL provided by the school?  Each School/District has their own URL specific to their server.  

Also, your first point of contact will be your local school.  They will be able to assist you with resetting your password.  

Jason Bengs, M. Ed
SIS/Database Administrator

Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge
jbielli

I hear ya.. but yes, the URL is what was provided by the school. The naming convention aligns with the school name as well. The reset email comes from their powerschool account @ the school's domsin name. I don't need a password reset - I need an email validation. Upon clicking the link to validate my email address (as provided in the verification email, a long url with a token in it ), I'm taken to the login page and prompted for username and password. Upon entering it, I'm simply informed again that my email has not been verified and presented with a link to resend verification.
Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi,

Apologies for the delayed response. Are you still encountering issues with this? It is recommended to contact your school directly, and they should be able to assist you in initiating a new application.  You should be able to reach out to PowerSchool Support through this link

You can also find FAQs related to the enrollment process here.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!