creating an account is impossible

amy35578
Padawan

creating an account is impossible

I have tried to get into power school since last year. I have been unsuccessful. I have created two accounts and it still will not give me access. When I try to log in I get this message:

Your Google or Microsoft account could not be mapped to an existing PowerSchool SIS account.

Contact your user administration organization for more information.

When I couldn't get the desktop version to let me in I tried the mobile version. It tells me that my account is locked and to please contact my administrator.  I have spoken with the people at my school and they have been unable to help. 

I don't think it should be this hard to log in. Please help.

4 Replies
jasonbengs
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

Which area of PowerSchool are you trying to access, Admin, Teacher or Public?  You also need to double check the URL you are using to try to access PowerSchool.  Your SIS administrator for your district should be able to unlock your account and point you in the correct direction.  They are ultimately responsible for creating your account and giving you permission to the appropriate sites, especially if you are school staff.  

If you are a parent, they should be able to help unlock your account and reset the password for you.  

Jason Bengs, M. Ed
SIS/Database Administrator

Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge
amy35578
Padawan

I am a parent. I access powerschool by going to the schools website and clicking on the links provided. When I called the school she walked through a few things with me and then basically said well I don't know what to tell you, I'm sorry and she let me go. 

FormekaD
Hobbyist

This sounds super frustrating. Your account might be locked. As the previous member noted, I think you will have to call the school again for a reset of your password. I am hopeful you are able to get connected to someone who is more tech-savvy to walk you through the next steps. 

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @amy355578,

I am sorry to hear that you are facing an inconvenience due to this issue. I recommend reaching out to the administrators in your school district as they should be able to help you reset your login information. Additionally, you review these articles for more information.

Q&A: "Invalid Username or Password" Error at Sign-In Page

Q&A: PowerSchool Account Information

ParitoshT

Community Moderator 

Kudos encourage participation