PowerSchool App Issue

tkennedy1981
Journeyman

PowerSchool App Issue

Recently, we have had a few students using Android devices report that the PowerSchool App is not functioning.  They uninstalled and then reinstalled the app to no avail.  Is anyone experiencing a similar issue?  Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thank you.

5 Replies
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @tkennedy1981

Please ask them to try double-tapping the home button and closing the app from there. Then, uninstall the app, turn off your phone for at least 30 seconds, and then reinstall the app.

Then try forcing the mobile app to re-pull the district information. After logging out of the mobile app, they should see four boxes on the login screen, this is for the district code. They would need to tap on the link right below the District Code that says “Where is my district code?” on the login screen. On the page that comes up, tap “Enter Server Address” and then enter the URL in the box on the next page and hit submit. 

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

gbilcowski
Padawan

Hello,

Is this issue with the app going to be fixed as many students/parents using the app on both Android and Apple devices, are having this issue.

Thank you

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @gbilcowski

If the parents have tried force syncing the app with PowerSchool as mentioned in my above response, and still could sign in, this could be a sync issue with the district's server. 

Since the accounts are managed and handled at the school district's end and are stored on their servers, we recommend reaching out to the admin at your school district who can work with our support teams to resolve this.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

TraceyCalise

Currently have the same issue. Login says "Sign in Not Available" No internet connection-- but it is connected and all other apps are working.

Tried restarting, installed and reinstalled, force stop, cleared cache-- This only logged me out of the account all together and now I can not see my children's grades.

Using android as well

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @TraceyCalise,

If you have made sure that you are on the latest version of the app and tried to force sync your server by uninstalling and installing your app again then I recommend reaching out to your district admins who should be able to assist you further with this.

Please reach out to your school district and notify them of the error you are receiving. Our SIS support team will need to work with them to review their server information.

Essentially, the PowerSchool software used by your school is our primary product. The PowerSchool Mobile App is an additional feature we have created that utilizes data from each individual district's servers. Your school district's PowerSchool administrators can connect with our support team and get further assistance on mobile app issues.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator