Constant Microsoft Login + PowerSchool

lchildress1990
Journeyman

Constant Microsoft Login + PowerSchool

For the past several months, each time PowerSchool auto-logs off, the Microsoft cookie is being destroyed as well. This triggers a full login through Microsoft to regain access to PowerSchool instead of recognizing the cookie and passing it.

This isn't necessarily in itself a big deal until you factor in 2FA in this process, which triggers the 2FA process each time as well causing a great deal of unnecessary work to login many times for teachers each day. 

PowerSchool is the only platform giving us this issue but we are unable to find any reason for this change in behavior or a way to fix. 

5 Replies
KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @lchildress1990 

To protect your privacy and avoid sharing any Personal Identifiable Information (PII) data in the Community, we recommend reaching out to the Technical Support Contact of your district who should be able to connect with the PowerSchool Support Team on your behalf. The Support Team should be able to take a closer look at your system, and gather more information such as if you are using SAML Or OIDC, also are there more than one user is being impacted by this, and assist you further with the troubleshooting steps.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
DAVIDC56
Journeyman

Did you find a solution to this? It's plaguing us, too.

lchildress1990
Journeyman

Unfortunately, no. It's still an issue for us 6 months later. 

DAVIDC56
Journeyman

Blah – I just got a ticket response mentioning the 120 minute timer – but I know in another context I worked this was not an issue.

lchildress1990
Journeyman

Everything was fine for us, timer or not, until October. Then, every time the auto-logout would happen, it would trigger a full Microsoft login all over again, instead of passing along credentials already stored from other Microsoft sign-ins. Most teachers made quick use of auto-fill for this, but when adding 2FA into the equation, things got really messy.