SchoolMessenger Custom Mobile App

deverett
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

SchoolMessenger Custom Mobile App

Quick question for schools/districts who use the SchoolMessenger Custom Mobile App. One of my districts has used the CMA service for about 5 years. SchoolMessenger support set everything up. The district received an invoice from SM and one from Google annually (SM for the use of their app and service, Google for the fee to allow the app to appear in their store). The app disappeared from the Google Play Store about 3 months ago. I have been going around and around with SM to get the app back on Google. SM sent me an email saying that Google Developer accounts that haven't had activity in 180 days were deactivated. I never set up a Google Developer account for the district, I believe SM handled ALL of the implementation, setup to ancillary vendors, etc. Are any other districts going through this? In the meantime, the app is still not available on Google. We haven't had any issues with the app on Apple/iTunes. The district gets the CMA invoice and the Apple invoice annually and SM handles all the integration to Apple services.

1 Reply
CindyOp
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @deverett 

I am happy to see that Rachel has responded to your case regarding what is occurring with your Google developer account. I hope this helps you resolve your issue. Please share what you learn with others on this post if you find it valuable for them.

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support