Enrollment

Knmagon
Journeyman

Enrollment

Is it normal to not hear anything from the school this close to school starting. This is my sons first time going to school so I don’t know the process. When will I hear from the school or the teacher to let me know the next steps I need to take.

5 Replies
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Knmagon 

The PowerSchool Community is a great resource if you have any changes to be made while completing fields within the enrollment form. You can check out the FAQs related to the enrollment process here.

Saying so, we do not have the access to approve a student in the enrollment process for any school district.

Usually, the school notifies the parents through email or message if their registration was accepted. If you still have not heard from the school or been notified, the most common reason could be that the approval process is still in progress.

However, this week the school has approved a few students and they might hear from the school soon. If your enrollment has been approved you can expect a confirmation through an email or message.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

RealtorMOMTTO
Padawan

I have been all over this forum and site and I still cant find how to register another student. My daughter is a senior at WCHS and Im just trying to register my son as a freshman but I cant seem to do it. I called the school and they said to go online. I came online and cant register. It seems it would just be simple "click here to register your student" but I just keep getting sent to forums and pages that arent helping me. ugh

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @RealtorMOMTTO 

Thank you for reaching out for assistance.

In order to register a second student, you would first need to add them to your Portal Portal. Please refer to this article: How can I add a second student to my parent account, it will guide you through the steps to add your a second student.

Each school has a different process and can provide the best steps to move forward when enrolling students. Some districts provide direct links to access the registration forms while others use the PowerSchool Enrollment portal for the registration process. The link and access credentials are generated and provided by the school.

You can also check out the school's website and access the forms from its registration page. You can also access the form through your Parent Portal by referring to this article: Accessing the Form using PowerSchool Parent Portal. If you fail to find the required form, I recommend contacting your student's school/district directly to request the instructions to access the student's enrollment forms or inform about your difficulty if you failed to find them. 

You can check out the FAQs related to the enrollment process here.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

helpplease

I enrolled a kid to the wrong school and i cant submit another forum because i already submitted his forum and the school that he's supposed to go to doesnt have a forum on their website i can only do it on the fcps website.

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @helpplease 

Thank you for reaching out to the community for assistance.

When you submit the registration form for a school, you cannot access the same form to apply to another school. I recommend reaching out to the district directly if you want to get the application for the wrong school deleted. You can also request them to provide the link to the form for the correct school if you cannot find them on the school website.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator