list of all users and rights in system

Cnielsen26
Padawan

list of all users and rights in system

Hello,

for my audit I need a report from the SIS system that includes:

A list of all users and their rights within the system.

Can someone tell me how to do that for my school?

Thank you,

CindySue

7 Replies
jasonbengs
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

If you go to System>Users By Group you will get a list of all users and their security groups.  I am not sure if you are needing a more detailed list, but that is where I would start.  

Jason Bengs, M. Ed
SIS/Database Administrator

Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge
Cnielsen26
Padawan

Jason,

I'm new to PowerSchool and frustrated.

When I go to the system>users by group, I get the following message, "Insufficient access privileges to view the requested screen"

I don't know how to get that access.  Is there a help line?

Now I also need to run an "add/delete report for my audit. (the adding and deleting of students from 9/1/22 - the 3rd friday count.  

Advice?

CindySue

jasonbengs
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

It sounds as though your current security group has limited access.  If you are at a school level and not district level position you may not have been provided access to that section.  If you are the primary database administrator, then you may need to assign yourself to a group that has greater access.  If you are not that person you will need to contact them and see if they can give you greater access.  If they will not give you greater access, they should at least be able to provide you with the report you are needing.  

Jason Bengs, M. Ed
SIS/Database Administrator

Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge
ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Cnielsen26,

Good Day! There is an on-screen report that lists users by their security group under the Start Page > System Administrator > User By Group (Under Security). Please let me know if that helps your cause.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator 

Kudos encourage participation

Cnielsen26
Padawan

ParitoshT,

I'm new to PowerSchool and frustrated.

When I go to the system>users by group, I get the following message, "Insufficient access privileges to view the requested screen"

I don't know how to get that access.  Is there a help line?

Now I also need to run an "add/delete report for my audit. (the adding and deleting of students from 9/1/22 - the 3rd friday count.  

Advice?

CindySue

jillmckitrick
Journeyman

Hi - I see this is an old thread but I'm looking for soem info on Users in the system as well. I have  invoices associated with users who do not process AP.

Any idea how I can dig into how these names are being associated as the User on a Finance Invoicing record?

Thanks,

Jill

BGreen1961
Rookie

Can someone offer instructions on setting up groups to allow an administrator access to view/approve absences?