Help

Special Scores

Kramsnibbor

Special Scores

The older version of Powerteacher had a special scores feature. I was told by our district that this is available in the current version, but that our disctrict has it turned off because it is associated/linked/connected to other settings that it does not want teachers to be able to change. Can anyone verify if the special scores feature still exists. And to make sure that in advocating for it to be made accessible to our staff, what other settings are connected to it, if any? Grade scales? 

Thank you. 

1 Reply
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@Kramsnibbor In the "Olden Days" of PowerSchool, districts would add "Special" scores the Grade Scales because there was no other way to do it. You can see this in Screenshot 1. Now, districts can create a completely separate grade scale just for these Special Codes. The Special Codes grade scale can then be linked to the existing grade scale so that they are separate but teachers can use all of the scores; the Special Codes grade scale can be accessed using the "Codes" button in the Score Inspector in PT Pro. 

I have no idea what "other settings" the district is talking about. There is a Student Grade Scales piece and a setting to allow teachers to change grade scales on their sections, but neither of those are tied to the Special Codes grade scale and the districts can use the Special Codes without Student Grade Scales or allowing teachers to change section grade scales. Teacher can change remarkably little in PowerSchool, so that sounds kind of shady to me. I'd need specific details before I could answer specific questions.