PowerSchool Community Spam

jenmac
Journeyman

PowerSchool Community Spam

Is anyone else suddenly receiving PS Community updates.  

Me and another coworker just received over 40 emails each from the PS Community with updates on threads we are following.  

Unfortunately the updates we just received the emails for are days old.  They are not new messages at all.  

Is anyone else experiencing this?

1 Solution
CindyOp
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @jenmac 

My apologies for the spamming of email updates relating to Important Changes Required for Email Deliverability.

We have a practice of moving comments from Knowledgebase articles if they are not requesting clarification or sharing feedback about the content of the article. While the comments were related to the process by districts and not the article content, we decided to move the comments to a post in the SchoolMessenger Communicate forum.

While moving the comments, the option to not notify subscribers was not checked so anyone who is subscribed to the SchoolMessenger forum notifications would have received the notice each time a comment was moved. 

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support

View solution in original post

1 Reply
CindyOp
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @jenmac 

My apologies for the spamming of email updates relating to Important Changes Required for Email Deliverability.

We have a practice of moving comments from Knowledgebase articles if they are not requesting clarification or sharing feedback about the content of the article. While the comments were related to the process by districts and not the article content, we decided to move the comments to a post in the SchoolMessenger Communicate forum.

While moving the comments, the option to not notify subscribers was not checked so anyone who is subscribed to the SchoolMessenger forum notifications would have received the notice each time a comment was moved. 

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support