Asset Barcodes

sheenaperron
Padawan

Asset Barcodes

I am over textbooks at our high school. Previously we used Skyward, but are moving to PowerSchool this year. I have searched for an answer to my question, but have not been able to find it anywhere. Is there a way to print textbook barcodes within PowerSchool? I have heard we can import textbooks, I'm waiting for our tech department to do this, but what if I have new textbooks and don't import the info. In Skyward I used to enter the book info, the barcode, and the quantity and it would add all the books into the system and create barcodes. Does PowerSchool have something similar? The only thing I have seen is entering the textbooks one at a time. I really hope this isn't the case.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

4 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

There is an Asset Management piece of PowerSchool. It does allow the import of assets.

https://ps.powerschool-docs.com/pssis-admin/23.12/assets

Thanks for the reply, Jeff. I am aware that we can import assets, but I was wondering about textbooks that we enter manually. Do we have to enter them one at a time? And does PowerSchool create barcodes for assets we enter? Or do we have to create barcodes in another program?

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

You can manually enter inventory up to 100 at a time. PowerSchool can create barcodes but I do not believe Asset Management will automatically create them for you. I don't have a lot of experience with this piece because none of the districts I work with are really using it.

Thanks again for the reply. I think we'll probably continue to use Skyward to create all the barcodes and then just import them into PowerSchool. It's an extra step, but it's better than entering them one at a time. Maybe PowerSchool will work on making a feature like this for the future so I don't have to use Skyward or another program.