tech support

jsoldinger
Journeyman

tech support

i have no idea where to find anyone from schoology to help. i have talked to my district schoology people and they couldn't have been less helpful. i have come to find out this issue is happening all over. if schoology has any tech support people - please come out of hiding to help us out. 

we hav combined to classes and for some reason when we assign as assessment to both classes the first classes submit no problem. the second class shows in progress until we submit manually and then everything is fine. in the 7-8 years i have been using schoology (although i know assessments are new) i have never run into this issue. i have also never gotten help from anyone in tech support. i hope both of these things change as soon as possible. 

thanks

8 Replies
mweipert
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Your district should have a technical contact that can advocate and escalate issues up to the Schoology team.  Maybe try asking for that individual's name so you might be able to go direct to the primary district contact!

HungryHippo
Rookie

I was told this was a known issue to Schoology engineers since last week.  They are supposed to be working on it.  The temporary 'fix' is to manually submit, which is what you are doing. 

jsoldinger
Journeyman

i actually found a better solution. as long as the due dates are identical both classes will submit automatically. its not great but better than submitting manually. once the first class submits you can just change them to the later due date. 

HungryHippo
Rookie

Ah, that is a better alternative.  Thank you for sharing that.  I'll pass that information. 

d303_bowens
Apprentice

Unfortunately, having identical due dates didn't seem to help our users. So they're still having to manually submit all of the assessments.

However, an email was just sent out that it may be resolved now. Just not retroactively.

jsoldinger
Journeyman

where is this email? its weird though because i did it again this morning and their assessments submitted normally. 

d303_bowens
Apprentice

It was a reply to a ticket we had open regarding this issue.
"Our Engineering team has resolved this issue. You should no longer be experiencing this issue where Assessment submissions are stuck in status of In Progress."

We haven't confirmed ourselves if it's fixed or not, but I know it didn't fix it for our past assessments that are still stuck in progress.

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi,

If you are still noticing the issue, please continue to work with our support team through the case that you have created so that they are aware of this and get this resolved for you. 

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!