Transfer Section details

Powerschool3040
Padawan

Transfer Section details

Hi,

Can anyone route me to right place which navigates me how to transfer data (attendance, marks etc.) from one section to another in PowerSchool?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies
nicolebond
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

Can you go into a little more detail?

Nicole Bond
Director of Attendance and Enrollment
Haywood County Schools
Brownsville, TN

Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge
Powerschool3040
Padawan

@nicolebond , Thanks for your reply.

I need to transfer students from one section to another without losing attendance and grades. For grades, I see the transfer scores option, however for attendance I don't find one. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Powerschool3040 ,

I recommend reviewing this article for more information on moving a class in PowerSchool SIS. Additionally, you can review this article to transfer the student scores.

If you are just switching teachers from one section to another, there is no need to merge attendance since attendance records belong to kids and sections.

When a student's section enrollment is dropped or transferred, the student's grading in PowerTeacher Pro is preserved.

Attendance has to be manually moved or exported/imported. This template will show you what you need to import so you know what fields you need when you export the attendance. 

Meanwhile, we hope that other community members jump in and share their insights on this.

Note: These articles are limited to the technical contacts, I recommend working with the technical contacts of your district to review this information.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator 

Kudos encourage participation