The problem with Schoology!!!!

jenkins729
Padawan

The problem with Schoology!!!!

I have been a public educator for 36 years. One of the things that isn't mentioned much is all the lessons we, as teachers, create. Schoology is a fantastic tool. However, it doesn't do me much good if I can't take these files when I move to another school district. I have taught in Virginia, Georgia, and Florida, and up until now, I have always brought my lessons with me, so I didn't have to start from scratch. Technology isn't convenient if it isn't teacher friendly and makes my job harder. 

2 Replies
jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Hi @jenkins729 

If you are currently using Schoology, you can sso from the product to gain access to the article below on how to export resources.  If you have been using the free version (Basic) of Schoology, I recommend reviewing our Schoology Basic FAQs.

How to access the community via sso from Schoology

Q&A: Exporting Resources

You can export materials such as assignments, assessments, and rubrics in Schoology as Common Cartridge files. 

To do this, first save your existing course materials to your Resources:

1. Navigate to your course or archived course.
  2. Click Options.
  3. Select Save to Resources.

Next, export the materials you saved to your Resources:

1. Click Resources in the header.
  2. Click the down arrow in the left menu of My Resources.
  3. Select Export to export a Schoology Resource Collection as a Common Cartridge file.
  4. Check the status of the export in the Transfer History area. Once the process is complete, click the gear to the right of the export and select Download to download the file.
Dr_Phil_Pulley

At this point, you can have your account merged IF your current school is an Enterprise Schoology district AND your new one is as well.

If you are a Basic user, they are ending Basic accounts in October so see the response below for exporting your materials. Then create a free Canvas by Instructure account and import your materials into it.