Teacher Role Codes

JasonCampbell
Journeyman

Teacher Role Codes

I am new to this role and am struggling assigning teacher role codes so homerooms can be set up. I have read through other forums, but am still unable to generate the codes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Hi @JasonCampbell what do you mean by "teacher role codes?" If Homeroom is a course, you can create a new section of it at Setup>School>Sections>Find Homeroom>New.

The schools have said there was a list of codes that would be sent down and that's what they would use to assign the students to their homerooms. I've seen similar questions about those on other PowerSchool forums so I assumed it was a standard thing. 

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@JasonCampbell  Sounds like something specific to your district/building. If you have a link to where you've seen it before I (or someone else here) might be able to better understand.

It does sound like some districts do this and others do not. I've asked for an example of the codes so I can see what they look like. One of our schools found that and is sending it to me so I can see what they look like. That may clarify some things. It sounds like it involves going in and modifying the S_VA_SEC_X.Teacher_Role _Code on PowerSchool. 

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Hi @JasonCampbell ah, that looks like a code specific to Virginia state reporting. I am in NY.

Community Support Expert

Hi @JasonCampbell

You can mass assign Teacher Role codes by importing the Teacher_Role _Code field using Data Import Manager.  You can refer to the Master Schedule Collection section of this document: Adding/EditingaCourseSection to know about the Teacher Role codes for Virginia State Reporting.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!