Smart text for Power School Pro Comments

danielgray
Trainee

Smart text for Power School Pro Comments

I am searching for a document or list of usable smart text when saving my own comments in the comment bank on Power School Pro.  I have managed to figure out what to use for pronouns <He/She> and such but I can not guess at names.  I have tried <Preferred name>, <First name>, <Name> and maybe a few more but I was hoping that there was a place to simply look up these smart text options?

Thank you in advance. 

ps. I tried using old links from similar questions but they were dead links.  

1 Solution
KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @danielgray

Smart text may be inserted into a comment, which will then be auto-populated when the comment is used. We recommend reviewing the document : teacher-comments to provide you with more information to add smart text.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @danielgray

Smart text may be inserted into a comment, which will then be auto-populated when the comment is used. We recommend reviewing the document : teacher-comments to provide you with more information to add smart text.

KritiS
Community Moderator

If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
danielgray
Trainee

Thank you.  That is exactly what I was looking for.  

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Hi @danielgray . Is the drop-down in your PT Pro broken?

Hello,

Is there a way to enact the smart text in the comment box as opposed to having to create the comment first and then use PowerSchool's dropdown menu to enable the smart text?

For example, when I type <first name> into the comment box it does not register as "Greg" but "<first name>." Is there a way to enable the autofill without going through the process of (re)creating your comment bank via PowerSchool? I would love to be able to simply copy and paste from my own, personal comment bank, if possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Greg

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @GregMilka 

The smart text code that is placed in the comment box is then auto-populated when the comment is used, say on the Student screens Teachers Comment Page, Quick Lookup, and then Report or Progress reports.

Currently, we do not have the autofill feature available. You can log this as an Enhancement Request on  PowerSchool Ideas Portal so that the product team can take a look at this. This article should walk you through how to raise an Enhancement Request.

KritiS
Community Moderator