Proposal: how flags affect students grades with new "Collected" assignment in Schoology

mbezaire
Practitioner

Proposal: how flags affect students grades with new "Collected" assignment in Schoology

The new "Collected" checkbox to change the assignment type to Collected is a nice option. Since Collected assignments still let teachers set a number of points for them to be worth, and since flagging a Collected assignment as missing for a given student still affects their grade by adding a score of 0 / points to their grade calculation, I would like to make a proposal.

When the "Collected" flag is applied for a Collected assignment to a student in the gradebook, it would make sense for that flag to affect the student's grade by adding a score of points / points to their grade calculation.

The other flags (aside from Collected and Missing) should continue to not affect the grade. But the "Collected" flag is the last step for a Collected assignment, and if I as a teacher have bothered to set a number of points for a Collected Assignment to be worth, I would want the points to be applied at the time I indicate it has been Collected for a student. Otherwise there is not any point for using a Collected assignment, in my opinion. Thanks for your consideration.

1 Reply
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @mbezaire 

You can share this idea as an Enhancement Request on  PowerSchool Ideas Portal so that the product team can take a look at this. This article should walk you through how to raise an Enhancement Request.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!