Help

Powerschool - Schoology Gradebook

qhill206
Padawan

Powerschool - Schoology Gradebook

Hi! My district is new to the PowerSchool- Schoology brand, and I have a quick question about the gradebooks in both and how they sync.

In Schoology I have my gradebook weighted as so: 

qhill206_0-1725198823745.png

When I mapped my categories to sync to PowerSchool, I did so like this:

qhill206_1-1725198910110.png

The reason each Schoology category does not have its own PowerSchool category is because my district currently controls the PS categories and only allow for the two (assessments weighted at 75% and classwork 25%).

My question is, will the weights that I have in Schoology transfer to PowerSchool, or will my gradebooks not match up?

Separate question- what does the yellow star mean in the Schoology categories? It just popped up on its on and I cannot unclick it.

1 Solution
DanM3
Ninja

With two different grade calculations going on, the students will see two different current/final grades - one in PowerSchool and one in Schoology.  Either way, that's not good for the students and their families and will cause confusion.  Because PowerSchool is your SIS and I'm assuming where grades are stored, that will be the official grades. (It is for us and we tell our teachers, students and families that up front.) 

The yellow star represents the default category name when creating a new assignment. I would recommend making whatever category that will have the most assignments as the default. It just saves you one less click when creating a new assignment.

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School - Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 24.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DanM3
Ninja

With two different grade calculations going on, the students will see two different current/final grades - one in PowerSchool and one in Schoology.  Either way, that's not good for the students and their families and will cause confusion.  Because PowerSchool is your SIS and I'm assuming where grades are stored, that will be the official grades. (It is for us and we tell our teachers, students and families that up front.) 

The yellow star represents the default category name when creating a new assignment. I would recommend making whatever category that will have the most assignments as the default. It just saves you one less click when creating a new assignment.

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School - Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 24.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000