PowerScheduler Build - Not all teachers/courses are getting scheduled

weberm
Apprentice

PowerScheduler Build - Not all teachers/courses are getting scheduled

This is my fourth time using PowerScheduler, and the first time I have encountered this problem.  I have corrected all of the errors during the "Validate" build; however, when I execute the "Build" not even half of my teachers are scheduled and the teachers who are scheduled only have one or two courses.  I cannot seem to find a common thread of the teachers/courses that are not scheduling.  I am at a complete loss!  

3 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Did you create the Course Rank before you ran the Build? Did the Build complete to 100%? If so, did you Import the Build? If the answer to those questions is yes, you will need to start digging into Teacher Assignments and preferences, Course Preferences, etc.

I am running into the same issue. Last year this did not happen--and we didn't use any course rankings. This year there are probably about 20% of our classes are not scheduled (on the Visual Schedule they appear on the left side). Curiously all of our newest teachers have no classes scheduled, so there must be something in common with all of them that is not allowing them to be scheduled, but I can't seem to find anything. What is it called when the courses are on the left and do not get scheduled? (so I can try to find out more about this issue online)

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @cfresolone 

You need to check off 'Schedule This Teacher' on the Staff 'Schedule Setup' page to see if it helps to resolve your issue. In case your issue still persists, then we recommend reaching out to the Technical of your district who should be able to assist you submit a Support Ticket on your behalf. The Support Team should be able to look into your setup, and assist you further with the troubleshooting steps.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!