Help

Help With Exit Dates

elitvinoff
Trainee

Help With Exit Dates

Hello,

We had an error that we just noticed and I need some help. All of our student's have an exit date of 06/08/24 which is one day after our initial last day of school. However, due to changes in the school schedule, our last day of school got pushed to 06/11/24. We changed all of the term dates but not the individual course dates. So I have 2 questions. First, if we do nothing, what will happen to those students on 06/08/24? Will teachers still be able to enter grades/attendance, etc? or will the student be dropped from the course and longer available? Second, is there a way to batch change all of the exit dates? I figured out how to do it for an individual student, course by course, but that seems like it would take forever.

Thanks you in advance

-Eric

5 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@elitvinoff You can batch edit the exit dates in the CC table via DDA. The field you need is DateLeft. Just be sure you have the right records before you go editing them. I find the easiest was is to search by TermID. Provided you entered your Years & Terms correctly, 3300 is a full-year class, 3301 is Sem 1, 3302 is Sem 2, 3303 is Q1, etc.

@JeffG9 Thanks for that. Do you know what would happen if we don't do that and let the exit date pass before the end of year? I informed some higher-up, but they thought it was a non-issue. I am not so sure

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

It is so easy to fix there is literally no reason not to. I do not know what State/Province you live in but I certainly imagine there'd be reporting implications as well.

PowerSchool Champion

@elitvinoff One more thing--when searching for the CC records to alter, make sure you search not just the TermID but also for the original exit date. You don't want to accidentally change the exit date of kids that had dropped the class for real earlier in the year.

Great. Thanks for the help.