Pre-K to Kindergarten Back to School Update

shevawntj

Pre-K to Kindergarten Back to School Update

My son is currently in Pre-K. I have registered him for Kindergarten but I continue to get a message about back to school update form.  He is not showing on my PowerSchool account with my other child.  Do I have to complete back to school update form for him?

1 Reply
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @shevawntj

The PowerSchool Community is a great resource if you have any changes to be made while completing fields within the enrollment form. Each district, however, has a different registration process and can provide the best steps to move forward when enrolling students. 

The Update form is generally required to update information if the student had already registered in the district for the previous school year and is thus a returning student for the district. A student who is enrolling for the first time in the district should be filling up the New Student Registration form. 

If you are getting notified to fill up the Back-to-school update form, it is most likely because your student has been already registered in the district earlier and so, it is recommended that you complete it. However, you should reach out to your school district as they should be able to provide the most up-to-date information regarding which form you should be filling up. 

You can check out the FAQs related to the enrollment process here.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!