Multi-unit complex issues

jtobon
Journeyman

Multi-unit complex issues

The system seems to be reading our Unit # as our address, and is zoning us improperly. The school is correct when I do not include the unit number, but I cannot leave it blank. This is a major issue that needs to be addressed.

1 Solution
grumble_jumble
Trainee

I had the same issue, I ended up saying it is not a multi-unit complex then using the mailing address is different option to put in the correct address with unit number. Not ideal but, at least you can pick the right school and give them the correct mailing address to complete the form.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BishalG
Ninja

Hi @jtobon.

The School Locator pulls its information from Google Maps. Try looking up your address in Google Maps and entering it in the format that is listed there.

If you continue having difficulty with the Unit number, please contact your school directly for recommended steps.

You can learn more in the article linked below.

No Zoned School Located

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Say Thanks by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
jtobon
Journeyman

Thanks Bishal. This doesn’t really solve the problem for anyone living in a building with a unit number. The way the form is set up, you enter the address then the unit number separately. I’d either have to say I’m not living in a multi-unit complex and then I don’t have a unit number, or I enter the wrong unit number to match the address. Either way, it’s not the right address. I think this needs to be fixed on the IT side.
grumble_jumble
Trainee

I had the same issue, I ended up saying it is not a multi-unit complex then using the mailing address is different option to put in the correct address with unit number. Not ideal but, at least you can pick the right school and give them the correct mailing address to complete the form.

jtobon
Journeyman

Thanks! This is what I ended up doing too. I wish IT support was more helpful. They told me to contact my local school district, which I had already done. My local school sent me pdfs to complete instead, saying there have been a lot of issues with the online system.

BishalG
Ninja

Hi,

We received reports from users of TDSB regarding the issue with the unit number field causing issues with the school locator.

We have reported the issue to our PowerSchool Enrollment team and they are working with the district to address this.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Say Thanks by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!