mass assign lockers

wagnerm
Padawan

mass assign lockers

I am very new to PowerSchool and just trying to figure out a way to mass assign/enter the locker numbers for our students. Currently we are entering each one individually. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

10 Replies
KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @wagnerm 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community for assistance!

You should be able to mass assign the locker numbers for the students by following the steps as Start Page >School Setup > Locker Management and Mass Assign Lockers.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
NSarratt
Rookie

Hi, 

We would like to update the names of the Locker Groups; however, we believe are missing certain functions to access that area.  When I go to Start Page >School Setup, I do not see Locker Management.  Yet, I can find Locker Management under Special Functions, but do not see the Locker Groups, only Mass Assignment, Home Room Report, Graduating Student, etc. What component are we missing in our PowerSchool system?  

MuskanS
Prodigy

Hi! @NSarratt 

We will have to take a closer look at the system setup to determine the missing components.  Since the community is a public forum, I recommend reaching out to the Designated Support Contacts within the district who should be able to create a case on your behalf, and our support team will troubleshoot and provide you the resolution via the case.

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
PatrickDoyle1
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

I do not think it is there. Try searching for this article:  How-To: Import Locker Groups, Padlocks and Lockers for PowerPack Locker Management  for working with lockers.

Also please look at a Plug in called Power Pack or PowerPack Locker Management.

CindyM8
Expert

If you do not have PowerPack you can update the locker_number and locker_combination field through an import to the students table.

CM

ZelmaC
Journeyman

I do not have PowerPack.  Could you walk me through how to do an import of locker numbers please?

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@ZelmaC (These instructions assume you are using stock fields):

Select the students you want to work with. Do a Quick Export of:

lastfirst

student_number

(whatever other fields you'd like)

Add two columns to the export:

locker_number

locker_combination

Fill the locker columns with the appropriate information. Delete all columns except student_number and the locker columns. Save this file as a tab-delimited .txt file.

Go to Special Functions>Importing & Exporting>Quick Import.

Select the Students table, your import file, and check Suggest Field map. Import. Make sure the fields are mapped correctly and select the two red-boxed options in the screenshot.

Thank you SO MUCH for your help!!  That was exactly what I needed!!  

mmmeyers
Apprentice

I am new to using the Powerpack add-on in PowerSchool. Are there any tutorials for this? I am specifically trying to use it to assign lockers to various groups in different building areas.

CindyOp
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @mmmeyers 

Thank you for reaching out to the PowerSchool Community.

I will create a case on your behalf to work with you to access the PowerPack resources.

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support