dropped courses showing in historical grades

Summersx3
Hobbyist

dropped courses showing in historical grades

Is there a way to get rid of the classes the student has dropped which are showing up in historical grades?

10 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Simply delete the historical grades. To prevent storing grades for dropped classes in the future, use the third checkbox when storing grades.

Thank you for this, but the courses have no grades they are just there with lines where the grades wouldve been.

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@Summersx3  Those are blank grades. You can click into the dash and delete them as you would any other grade. If you have access to DDA, you can mass delete all blank grades. Using the third checkbox I highlighted in the screenshot will greatly reduce the amount of blank grades stored each time you store grades (you will likely always have some).

I so appreciate you, can you help me with directions to take them out through DDA. This is only my second yr in this job and I def dont want to mess anything up.

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Go to DDE and switch to the StoredGrades table. Run the search in the sceenshot, entering the appropriate values as per your building. Leave Grade and Comment blank, as you are looking for blank grades. I would also check the box to include only records in the building you are in.

Export the records so you can make sure you are deleting the appropriate grades.

When you are sure you have the correct records, switch to DDA and delete the records.

What search in the screenshot? Did you send another?

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@Summersx3  Ooops. Forgot to attach it. Here.

Thank you so much for your help

JJmcknight
Rookie

Hi Jeff, 

I am having the same problem as the other user. I can get through all the steps you listed above, but when I press export, it brings me to the export records page, where I must fill out more information. Do you know what I need to enter on this page? Screenshot 2024-01-09 150312.png

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@JJmcknight You technically don't need to export anything if you are certain (and I mean certain) you have the grades you'd like to delete.

You should export whatever information you'd need to determine if you have selected the correct grades. You can also export fields from the Students table in the same export, so you could do something like:

[01]lastfirst

[01]student_number

Course_Name

Course_Number

StoreCode

TermID

DateStored