Transferred student still showing in teachers class

kristabarrett
Recruit

Transferred student still showing in teachers class

I am new with helping out with PowerSchool and ran into an issue I can't quite figure out.

We have a couple students that were transferred out of our school district by a secretary and before they got transferred out they were not dropped from their classes. The problem is these students are still showing up in their teachers class on PowerSchool as a "ghost" student. How do I take them out their teacher lists/classes?

5 Replies
CindyOp
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @kristabarrett,

Thank you for posting in our PowerSchool Community!

For your students who were transferred out of the campus but are still appearing on teacher's rosters as "ghosts", you can still go to modify the schedule and drop that way.

If we can continue to help, please let us know!

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support
kristabarrett
Recruit

So I went in with the "/last name, first name" to find the student and dropped them from classes but they are still showing up on teacher rosters and grade books. I guess it's just annoying more than anything for teachers to see them on their grade books. 

CindyOp
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @kristabarrett,

I wanted to check to see if the students disappeared from the teacher's rosters overnight after you dropped them from the courses. Were their add/drop dates for the course the same date?

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support
kristabarrett
Recruit

The students are not disappearing from the teacher rosters at all. That's the problem I'm having. A secretary at our school transferred these students out of our district but did not drop them from their courses. I then went in and dropped the students from their courses after they were transferred but they are still showing up in teacher rosters. 

SAFFIYAT
Community Knowledge Manager
Community Knowledge Manager

Hi @kristabarrett

For us to assist you further would you please confirm the following, for the students that are not disappearing from the teacher rosters:

• What is the exit date on the School enrollments?
  • What is the exit date on their Class enrollments?

Also, provide us with the screenshot of the student's transfer information screen and all enrollment screen without any Personally Identifiable Information.

Note: In Gradebook, the students will continue to show as dropped students.

Saffiya Tasneem
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!