Help

Transfer Student's Assignments on Gradebook

JayJin2
Recruit

Transfer Student's Assignments on Gradebook

I have classes that are the same subject with the same assignments. Is there a way to transfer a student to another class along with all the assignments they have completed? If I enroll them in the other class, it doesn't carry their assignments over.

9 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@JayJin2 if you are using PowerTeacher Pro, there is a built-in Transfer Scores feature.

Hello - new to PTPro and I am wondering if this transfer score feature works if the student is moved from one class to another class for the same teacher. Thank you, Marsha

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@MarshaT Yes it does.

@JeffG9 - thank you. I was able to follow the steps for a test student who transferred from one of my classes to another with the same assignments.

One more clarification for those students who transfer from Science Teacher #1 to Science Teacher #2, the assignments will only transfer if the assignments are the same, correct? Appreciate your time.

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@MarshaT No, you can map the assignments from Science Teacher 1 to ones in Science Teacher 2's PT Pro. See the attached screenshot.

Thank you!

jmbadgero
Apprentice

We are trying to use the Transfer Scores function, but only S2 courses are showing up in the "From Class" and "From Term" drop-down menus. I'm thinking there's something I need to adjust on the Power School side. Any ideas?

Pageb009
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

What would cause the Transfer scores to be greyed out for teachers?

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@Pageb009 First thing I would check: make sure the student is dropped from the original class. The Transfer Scores feature will not work if the student has not been exited from the original class.