Transcript Help

lawsonla
Trainee

Transcript Help

I'm having trouble with 3 parts of a transcript object report:

1. class rank is not showing up even though they are correct in the class rank report

2. SAT scores are not showing up

3. I don't know how to change the size of the font of the class names

I'm desperate here!

11 Replies
KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @lawsonla

In order to protect your privacy and avoid sharing of any Personal Identifiable Information (PII) data in the Community, we recommend reaching you to the Technical Contact of your district who should be connect with the PowerSchool SIS Support Team. The Support Team should be able to take a closer look at your setup, gather more information regarding your issue, and assist you further with the troubleshooting steps.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
jasonbengs
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

If your transcript was created as an object report, click on it from your list of reports in the admin portal and look for the Transcript field under Object Type.  You should be able to adjust your font size from there.  The other two issues are likely an issue with the decode statements you are using in the report and without being able to see those or knowing they way you have them setup in your system makes it harder to answer those questions.  If you want to include your decode statements in a reply someone could probably point out some potential issues.  

Jason Bengs, M. Ed
SIS/Database Administrator

Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge
lawsonla
Trainee

These are the 2 codes formulas that aren't working.

For class rank:

~(*class_rank_out_of;gpa method="weighted")

For SAT scores:

^(tests;name=SAT;score=SAT_math;which=best;type=num;result=value)

^(tests;name=SAT;score=SAT_reading/english;which=best;type=num;result=value)

^(tests;name=SAT;score=SAT_totalscore;which=best;ty...

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @lawsonla

We would need to take a closer look at your setup, gather more information in order to provide the troubleshooting steps. You would need to contact the Technical Contact of your district who should be connect with the PowerSchool SIS Support Team. The Support Team should be able to provide further assistance after taking a look at the setup. 

KritiS
Community Moderator

If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
darraj
Padawan

Congratulations on being a PSSIS PowerSchool Mentor. We need your expertise mentoring regarding building the first-time Transcript and Report Card assistant because we didn't cover that issue during deployment. We do not have enough time to do something that helps. If we get your help one-on-one regarding your assistance, it will greatly help us build a new report card for our students. Please send me your feedback at darraj@cclasp.org 

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @darraj 

You can create transcript objects to include a list of student historical grades and the courses in which students received the grades on your object report. We recommend reviewing this document: Transcript Objects for more information. You can also use this document to create other types of documents, such as custom letters or progress reports.

In case, you facing issue any issues or need any further assistance then we recommend reaching out to PowerSchool Support Team.

KritiS
Community Moderator

cciciora
Journeyman

We are new to PS and I need help with the initial set-up of a transcript. Four weeks into a new school year and have no template. Not a good start so any templates, suggestions, guidance would be helpful.

CindyM8
Expert

Check out the PowerSource Exchange and search for transcripts.

https://support.powerschool.com/exchange/main.action#/exchange/doSearch.action?searchQuery.sortField...

CM

cciciora
Journeyman

Thank you, Cindy. I do not have access to PowerSource but appreciate your efforts.

CindyOp
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @cciciora 

I will reach out to you through a support case regarding your PowerSource account.

Within the community, you may also find some helpful information regarding navigating the PowerSchool Community from this article: Getting Started on PowerSchool Community

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support
cciciora
Journeyman

No resolve yet - hoping to have a transcript template shared with me to save time. thank you for your help.