Storing 2nd quarter grades

rtalibong

Storing 2nd quarter grades

I am trying to store 2nd quarter grades.
I was able to store the 1st quarter but for this 2nd quarter, I am having problems.
Only the yearlong courses are showing.

I need help.
12 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

"Showing" where? Are you using the Permanently Store Grades function in PowerSchool? Do you have courses that are Semester/Trimester/Quarter-length? Is your Final Grade/Reporting Term Setup correct? Can you provide screenshots of the issue you are having? Etc. Etc.

Jeff can you help with permanently storing grades 

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@esnel I can likely answer any specific questions you have, sure.

Do I have to store grades by building? Campus?

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@esnel Yes, the Permanently Store Grade function must be run for each building in PowerSchool where you store Traditional Grades.

Do I have to go to set up first ? 

are you able to talk me through the process?

Tech support has a long wait time

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@esnel I am not a PowerSchool employee, but as I said I can likely answer any specific questions you have, unless they are specific to your setup or relate to State Reporting.

Generally speaking, you will need to make sure your setup at Setup>School>Final Grade/Reporting Term Setup is complete (in each building) and that teachers have the correct grades in the correct terms in PT Pro.

To store grades, go to System>Permanently Store Grades. That page will need to be configured depending on your store codes, classes by term length, credit options (for example, does your building use Potential Credit? Many of the districts I support use PC for GPA calculations), etc. I have attached some screenshots for reference. 

I'm having a similar issue. I go through the process and it's saying 0 grades were stored. 

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@AleMejia208 We would need to see the configuration of the Permanently Store Grades screen before you click Submit. If the problem doesn't jump out from there, we will need to see the Final Grade/Reporting Term Setup, know the term-length your classes are, make sure the teachers have entered grades in the appropriate term, etc. etc..

Here is how I set up the store grades screen. 

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@AleMejia208 The first thing I notice is that you are only storing grades for classes that have a Term-Length of Semester 1. Is that intentional? On that screen you have told PowerSchool not to store grades for full-year (2023-2024) classes.

That was not, thank you for pointing it out. I got it changed to the right section and it worked.