Schoology June 2022 release/Google Classroom Import

jeswisher
Hobbyist

Schoology June 2022 release/Google Classroom Import

I saw in the most recent release document for Schoology. 

Schoology Learning Release Notes: July 2022 (powerschool.com)

There should be a new Google Classroom import utility.  I did not see it in the App Center has it not been released or do we need to request rights for it.

Jeff Swisher

17 Replies
lane_worrall
Journeyman

Same question here.  Very interested in this since we're launching with teacher tomorrow!

Dr_Phil_Pulley
Veteran

It was actually in the July release as being available, but a thorough search of the app center (including by app type) revealed nothing.

What gives, PS?

Dr_Phil_Pulley
Veteran

What is interesting is that no one from PowerSchool has bothered to weigh in on this.

I'm going to email some contacts I have and 'jump the line' since nothing seems to be happening.

NinaRi
Veteran

Hello @jeswisher,  @Dr_Phil_Pulley, @lane_worrall

Thank you for reaching out in the PowerSchool Community!  We apologize for any confusion this issue may have cause. The July Release Notes should have not included the updates for the Google Import Tool.  Currently, the plan is to launch the product  on Tuesday afternoon, 08/16/2022.  The internal team is revising the July release to remove the Google Import information and will  send out a product release to inform customers that this feature will be released next week

Thank you for your patience and understanding while the team continues to work on this matter.   Please let us know if you have any further questions.  We will be more than happy to assist you!

Nina R.
Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.
jeswisher
Hobbyist

Thank you.  I look forward to giving it a look.

Jeff

Dr_Phil_Pulley
Veteran

I guess like everything with PS, we wait until August 16th and hope it actually does come out then.

This was a big public relations faux pas, but we are already users so...

jeswisher
Hobbyist

Post what you find out.

Jeff Swisher

Dr_Phil_Pulley
Veteran

Will do. One of the people on the chain is supposed to be the new head of support who wants me to be on a customer advisory board. I gave him a softball feature update, to change the button to begin an assignment from 'Submit' to 'Start' and that hasn't happened. If you have the Annotation Assignment feature turned on, that is how the button is labeled. Been asking for that for over 6 years.

elauver
Journeyman

I was told in our implementation meeting on Thursday that the new target date for rollout is the end of August. Still 1 error to figure out.

Dr_Phil_Pulley
Veteran

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dr_Phil_Pulley
Veteran

No announcement came through but it does now show up in the App Center. It is in the August release notes.

Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 1.21.18 PM.png

I did give it a quick try (I had a Classroom account with just a few things in it. It brought all the Classroom assignments in as Schoology Assignments and the ones that were Forms just had links to the Form. I think that if I wasn't going to recreate those in Assessments, I would probably embed the Form in an Assignment or Assessment question in Schoology.

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi everyone,

Yes, the Google Classroom Import Utility has been released. This has been added to the August 2022 Release Notes.

@Dr_Phil_Pulley, thanks for jumping in and sharing your comment. Coming to your comment regarding the assessments with forms, yes, embedding the forms into the questions in your assessments or assignments would be a good approach.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator 

elauver
Journeyman

It is still exceptionally wonky. We have users reporting errors when loading the tool, errors when loading the course, and a variety of success with the amount of content to import, especially when the list is longer. Is there an ETA on when it might be more stable? I don't want to advise teachers to use it yet with all the errors.

Dr_Phil_Pulley
Veteran

Decidedly "Beta" like.

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @elauver,

We are sorry to hear that you are facing an inconvenience. In order to debug this further for you, we will have to take a closer look at your setup and the logs for the errors that you are getting. I recommend reaching out to the Schoology Support team through a support case who should be able to access your site and assist you with this.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator 

Dr_Phil_Pulley
Veteran

It not that there are errors it is just that questions in Classroom are generally done in Forms and the import only brings in a link to the Form. Ideally, you would work with Google to find a way to import those so that they become either a Test/Quiz or an Assessment.

Dr_Phil_Pulley
Veteran

I embed all the time.