School entry date error

stefanieb36
Journeyman

School entry date error

Hi

I'm a brand new PIMS administrator and I'm getting an error that some of my students are extracting out of powerschool with a school entry date of 1900-01-01!  I have checked the enrollment info and it "looks" correct (shows  our school's first day of class 8/22/2022) but when I download the student snapshot (and other reports) it comes over with the 1900 date. Has anyone else seen this and how do I correct it?

4 Replies
KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @stefanieb36 

In order to protect your privacy and avoid sharing of any Personal Identifiable Information (PII) data in the Community, we recommend reaching out to the Technical Support Contact of your district who should be able to connect with the PowerSchool Support Team on your behalf. The Support Team would be able to take a closer look at your setup and help rectify the reason for this issue along with the troubleshooting steps.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
joe_car
Hobbyist

Did you solve the issue? I am going through the exact same error.

LasleyCollin
Hobbyist

I think that PowerSchool is misinterpreting these dates as an invalid due to a formatting error and inserting the default value. As a little aside of PowerSchool history: PowerSchool Premier versions prior to 5.2 ran on top of a Sybase database instead of Oracle Enterprise, and Sybase uses a "base date" of 1/1/1900, so I think this is being the "default date" is a matter of compatibility that is still lingering around in modern versions of PS.

Try setting the entry date of some of these students to 08/22/2022 instead of 8/22/2022 and see if their dates show up correctly in the reports. If that corrects the problem, you can use DDA to mass-update the records that have the date without the leading zero.

Systems Programmer & Database Administrator
Fairbanks North Star Borough School District
Self-Hosted (6 Server Cluster)
joe_car
Hobbyist

Thank you for your response. I noticed none of our students have that information on their profiles. At first, I was afraid of messing something up because not all students joined the school or district at the same time; however, I guess by checking the enrollment history, we could get both the grade and the year they joined.