Scheduling

Powerschool3040
Padawan

Scheduling

Hi,

Is there an option to lock scheduling in PS?

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies
ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Powerschool3040,

Good Day! The option to lock scheduling is not built into the system.

Are you referring to locking the student's schedules?

It is not possible to lock students schedules and run a load but there are two methods you could try. The first one is to select the students before running the load and then in the load menu, click "reschedule the selected ### of students." Another option you have is to setup the schedules for the students you want to lock, export them from ScheduleCC table and then import it to the live side when you are ready. I have attached a link to the schedules template to view the required fields.

I recommend reviewing this article for more information. You will want to work with the technical contacts in your school district to review this information since this article is limited to the PowerSource users or the technical contacts.

Please let me know if this helps or in case of further questions.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator

Kudos encourage participation

Powerschool3040
Padawan

@ParitoshT  Thank you for your response.

I actually want the teachers or staff to refrain from creating sections after the school starts as we have a deadline set for them to complete creation of sections for various courses. Is there a way to lock the scheduling process as a whole so that none can create or update sections?

Thanking you in advance.

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

There are various Security settings in PowerSchool you can use to keep staff from creating/editing Sections. Teacher users cannot create Courses/Sections in PowerSchool.

@JeffG9  Thanks for your reply.

It is not the teachers who are creating sections but the secretaries. I just want to know that setting which can stop this process of creating or updating sections. Can you please advise?

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@Powerschool3040 There is no setting to prevent the creation of Sections on the Live Side. You will have to use the Security tools available in PowerSchool, such as Access to Page Permissions.

PowerSchool Mentor

It would be great if PS added this feature, but there is not setting to just stop sections from being created. It would help me tremendously if there was.

Nicole Bond
Director of Attendance and Enrollment
Haywood County Schools
Brownsville, TN

Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge