Saving username and password

j_vanlinge
Journeyman

Saving username and password

Not sure why, but I have to manually enter my username and password every time I get timed out.  Other people in my district have told me that their info is saved so they just have to click the sign in button.  Is there a setting I can change to authorize PowerSchool to save my login info ?

5 Replies
Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @j_vanlinge,

Would you please let us know the name of the product that you were referring to above so that we can assist you further?

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
j_vanlinge
Journeyman

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi!

You can save your password to your browser. If you are using Chrome, then here is a way to save your password.

• On your computer, open Chrome.
  • At the top right, click More Settings. Autofill.
  • Click Passwords. Add.
  • Enter a website, username, and password.
  • Click Save.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
SER
Padawan

(I'm using Edge, but it's basically the same thing).
Turns out, it will not completely autofill for you, but you have to click on the Password field, and then a popup will show with the autofill info.

This is not normal nor expected behaviour...PowerSchool, please fix this.

jasonbengs
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

What you are describing is more of a browser issue than a PowerSchool issue.  Many modern browsers are set this way so that as you start to type your username it will pull up the associated saved login info and allow you to choose it.  This is a feature that works well if you use multiple logins for different areas of the same base URL.  /admin, /public, or /teachers might all be part of the same URL, but each have a different username.  

Jason Bengs, M. Ed
SIS/Database Administrator

Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge