PowerSchool SIS and PowerTeacherPro

MarryRod96
Journeyman

PowerSchool SIS and PowerTeacherPro

As a high school registrar, I have district administrator access to PowerSchool SIS. Previously, I also had access as a teacher to PowerTeacherPro, allowing me to enter grades. Recently, our district streamlined login processes by integrating Single Sing-On with Google accounts. However, since this transition, I can only access PowerSchool SIS as an administrator, losing access to PowerTeacherPro. Has anyone else experienced this change in their district, and is there a workaround?

1 Solution
tself
Hobbyist

I think most likely, the Administrator for your server didn't know you needed access to PowerTeacher Pro, and that as a result your single sign on has most likely not been set up for it. I would either contact your tech department. Or if you have the permissions, navigate to your staff profile, goto Account Access and Affiliations. Now fill in the global identifier box with your email address, check that your access to PowerTeacher is enabled. And now you should be able to sign in to the teacher portal.

Although, there is definitely to  PowerTeacher Pro. I think you also have to be listed as a teacher at one of the buildings. And even then, until you are assigned a course in the present term. I believe the portal is mostly empty.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
tself
Hobbyist

I think most likely, the Administrator for your server didn't know you needed access to PowerTeacher Pro, and that as a result your single sign on has most likely not been set up for it. I would either contact your tech department. Or if you have the permissions, navigate to your staff profile, goto Account Access and Affiliations. Now fill in the global identifier box with your email address, check that your access to PowerTeacher is enabled. And now you should be able to sign in to the teacher portal.

Although, there is definitely to  PowerTeacher Pro. I think you also have to be listed as a teacher at one of the buildings. And even then, until you are assigned a course in the present term. I believe the portal is mostly empty.

MarryRod96
Journeyman

Thank you, this was the solution to our issue. This is going to help me a lot. 

casse

We use it for grades, attendance, rosters, and grade reports. It does integrate well with schoology so if you uss it the grades will sync over to powerschool. I prefer google classroom though. But powerschool is fine. What more would teachers like it to do?