New Folder Colors and PS Look

PIperS
Journeyman

New Folder Colors and PS Look

I just logged on and took a look at a previous class. What the happened to the folder colors? They are bad! The orange color for folders looks like **bleep**? Please, please, please change it back. The colors are too harsh. C'mon, PowerSchool. I get you want to rebrand Schoology, but don't throw out what was clearly a good look. The new color choices for folders are BAD. I don't even want to look at them, and I'm going to need to do just that when the new school year starts up.

6 Replies
PIperS
Journeyman

Nice... it bleeped my description of the orange color. It looks like what comes out at the end of the gastrointestinal tract. That waste product stuff. Exactly like that. Is that the orange color you were going for? Just curious.  Please, for the love of Pete... change the colors back to what they were. And while you're at it, maybe add a blue bar like you have here for your community page. It adds depth. The new Schoology rebrand looks sterile and impersonal.

ndeyoung217
Padawan

they are TERRIBLE colors! Who picked such ridiculous colors???  red/pink/orange hurt my eyes and they all look the same.  yellow is brown.  What in the world???!

Brokemath

I noticed that as well. They are all icky, blurry, and bold. And the colors- Yuck. They don't even look like folders- the old look was classy and clean. I hope it's not a permanent change! 

mav
Padawan

The new colors are truly atrocious. They also don't match the paper-based related course materials I had previously designed to coordinate with unit colors in Schoology. Even if I could find matching colors for the new scheme, I wouldn't want to. They are muddy, indistinct, and just plain ugly. I don't want to look at them or make my students look at them. Is that really the goal of this redesign? Please, revert to the previous colors.  

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @PIperS  @Brokemath @mav 

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We have forwarded your input internally to the Schoology Team for consideration.

We have a similar enhancement request that has been submitted by another Community Member. We encourage you to support this idea by voting for it on the PowerSchool Ideas Portal under the number LMS-I-1931.

To do so, please follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the Ideas Portal and use keywords or directly enter the idea number LMS-I-1931 in the Search Ideas field at the top right corner.
2. Locate the idea and click on the Vote button next to it.
3. The Vote button will turn green, and the vote count will increase by one.

For further guidance on how to vote or submit an Enhancement Request, please refer to our article.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
PIperS
Journeyman

Thank you.