Missing Dropdown Menu

octavian
Rookie

Missing Dropdown Menu

Hello!

I'm the admin in a school district and we use the Health screen to keep track of health screenings, and for one student, when hitting the dropdown menu to Add Screening (or Add Waiver) in the Screenings submenu under Health, there is just a small white box instead of the list of screening types. Every other student this works normally. There is no other indication I can see that this student's account is any different than another.

Thank you for any help!

Screenshot 2023-09-20 084852.png

5 Replies
ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @octavian,

There might be a chance that this student might have the previous screening with a blank grade level. This can be fixed by performing the following:

1) From the Start Page select the student
2) Navigate to Data Export Manager
3) The category is - Health and Immunization
4) The Export From - Health: Vision Screening
5) Select both tables - HEALTHSTUDHEARING.HEALTHMAINSTUDREC nd HEALTH: VISIONSCREENING (this will select all the fields in those tables)
6) Next
7) Select "Use Current Student Selection"
😎 Next
9) Export Records
10) Open the export in Excel
11) Fill in the GradeLevelAtScreen where they are missing based on the student's Grade Level at the time of their screening.
12) Save your file as a Text Tab-Delimited File
13) Use Data Import Manager to Import back into the health: Hearing Screenings table to update the existing records.

Once the student's screening records are repaired by adding the GradeLevelAtScreen value, the "add screening" button functionality will be restored.

Here are the articles with more information on Data Export Manager and Data Import Manager.

Please let me know if this helps or in case of further questions.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator 

Kudos encourage participation

octavian
Rookie

Hey @ParitoshT

I thought that had a chance, but no luck. Any other ideas? Thank you!

BarbaraP
Journeyman

I just had this issue pop up for me today.  I exported and fixed the missing grade level. When you import the record you need to import it into the school the screening was taken. For example, site A called me with the issue, but the the issue lied at site B 2 years ago when no grade level at screening was entered. I tried to import into School A, but I ended up having to import it at School B. The dropdown/pop up box then showed up for School A. Hope that made sense. 

octavian
Rookie

Hey!

We got it fixed. Our original attempt we had put the wrong grade level in (it was a preschooler, so had to be PK4 instead of -1). Thanks for all the help!

BarbaraP
Journeyman

Great! 

At least it's a relatively easy fix!

Have a great weekend!!