How to view scores as percentages

jgrib

How to view scores as percentages

Hi,

When viewing a student's grades I only see the scores they got on the assessment. Ideally, I would like to be able to see what their score was as a percentage as that gives me more info. It doesn't even show what the assessment was out of so I have no perspective on what the scores mean without having to go and check what each assessment was worth. Is there any way to accomplish this. In the old gradebook when you went to "student view" it would show the score, what it was out of, and the percentage. This seems like a huge oversight if there is no way to do that now.

Thanks

jgrib_0-1668010487268.png

3 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Are you a teacher or an Admin user? I am wondering if there is some sort of customization causing that because I cannot find a setting in PT Pro or on the Admin side to turn that off (although I could certainly be missing it). There is an option in Display Settings but that only affects the Course Grade column, not the assignments.

Hi Thanks for the reply,

I am a teacher. Yeah i can see what it is out of if i click on each grade, but still not the percent. I am also hoping that there is a way that I don't have to click on every assignment to see what it was out of or the percent. Im hoping for another column to show the percent for all assessments at the same time. Similar to this function on the old gradebook app. I don't have access to the app anymore and this was the only image i could find online to show it. But it shows the score of each assessment along with the percentage.

jgrib_0-1668014414978.jpeg

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@jgrib 

PowerSchool removed the old PowerTeacher Gradebook in v22.5.  You could make the score type of the Assignments Percent if you'd like. Just remember when entering grades that you are entering a percent value and not a point value--for instance if you have an assignment with a score type of Percent worth 50 points and you enter a score of 50, that's 50%, or 25 out of 50 for that student. 

You can also run an Individual Student Report to see the percent value of all assignments.