How do you add multiple classes at once without going into the "requests" tab?

agilbert308

How do you add multiple classes at once without going into the "requests" tab?

How do I add multiple classes at one time without having to make any changes individually to a student schedule?  I know how to make a brand new schedule under the "requests" tab, but is there a way to add multiple classes under the enrollment tab (like if I am switching around a few class periods and don't want to go in multiple times to make the changes).  Not sure if there is a way, but any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

5 Replies
CindyM8
Expert

If this question pertains to PowerSchool, you are live side scheduling, and the student has a schedule or requests you can make multiple schedule changes at once using the Manually Schedule Student function. Start Page > Select Student > Modify Schedule > Manually Schedule Student button. In the new UI the path is Start Page > Select Student > Courses and Programs > Modify Course Schedule > Manually Schedule Student button.

CM

Nikolai
Recruit

how do you add a class?

agilbert308

Thank you!

So if I go into Modify Schedule and change the period section to All instead of a specific period, I can't add more than one course at a time?  It will only allow me to choose one class at a time and then I have to keep doing the same thing over again to add another one.

CindyM8
Expert

Right, for live side scheduling using Modify Schedule scheduling classes is done is one at a time. You can also give a student live side requests and run automated schedule which will load the students into the classes. There are also dependent sections where you associate sections with a parent section (such as home room) and then when you enroll the student into the parent section they are enrolled into all the dependent sections. Use of dependent sections is something I usually only see used at the elementary level.

CM

agilbert308

Okay, thanks so much for all of the help!