Help

How can I add a second student from a second school to my parent account?

DahDee2KOA
Padawan

How can I add a second student from a second school to my parent account?

This question has been answered many times for students of the Same school but I have two children in two different schools, two different districts. My first child is registered already but my second, in the different school. just was placed in the system. 

I cannot add him to my first son's account and I cannot seem to make another parent portal account with the same Username and email... so do I have to have two completely different logins?

Is there a way around this to have both in the same portal?

J

1 Solution
jasonbengs
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

Since the different districts are hosted on two different servers you cannot link them.  Each school has different identifiers or District Codes that must be used to access them on the app.  So you will need different login info for each.  

Jason Bengs, M. Ed
SIS/Database Administrator

Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badgeChampions_badge

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jasonbengs
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

Since the different districts are hosted on two different servers you cannot link them.  Each school has different identifiers or District Codes that must be used to access them on the app.  So you will need different login info for each.  

Jason Bengs, M. Ed
SIS/Database Administrator

Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badgeChampions_badge

aholaday

I understand we need two different accounts, but I only have one email address. When I try to create a second account, I am unable to because my email address is already in use. 

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

If you are creating an account for two separate districts, they will be two separate instances of PowerSchool. They will not share databases.