Help with Build/Load

bhadley22
Rookie

Help with Build/Load

Morning guys.  I need help with Build/Load in PowerScheduler.  I have been asked to come help a different school (in a different district) with their schedule.  The individual who left without completing the schedule left it in a way I am trying to work through.  I need help with Build and Load Processing.

5 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Hi @bhadley22  scheduling is so unique to districts/schools that you are going to need to ask some pretty specific questions to get help. What exactly are you trying to do (and please don't say "Build a schedule 🙂 )?

JeffG9,

Thank you.  I had to begin completely over with the school I am helping.  I was able to do a complete De-Commit...then started over.  I am just a little confused with certain steps in all of this.  I was able to work with an individual over the phone to get me partly there, but now I am on hold again waiting to talk more.  I have been able to put sections back in and create appropriate assignments to each course.  I was able to run a Build (downloaded the search engine), fixed the errors.  However, NOW I tried to import that Build and it gave me an "PowerSchedule load error:  2001 - the following files couldn't be found:  master.dbf, schedule.dbf, constr.dbf."

CindyOp
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @bhadley22,

Thank you for posting to our PowerSchool Community!

I found some possible solutions in this KB article that should help with your error about missing dbs.

I hope this helps you get past this error.

If we can continue to help, please let us know!

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Hi @bhadley22 I am not sure what you mean by "De-commit," and I assume you mean the Scheduling Engine when you mention "the search engine." However, I cannot be sure if you doing a Build and Load or a Load only. You mention creating sections, which would be pointless if running a Build because any Build you complete and Import will wipe out any sections you have manually created. You also mention Assignments, which ARE part of a Build, but not part of a Load.

PowerSchool Mentor

First if you are having the system build the schedule you need to setup all the scheduling parameters including teacher assignments, student requests, room availability, course parameters etc.

If you are not building a schedule from scratch and are either copying a previous year's schedule or importing sections the set up is simpler.

You still need student requests but your schedule sections should already have available periods and teachers. The course parameter setup is simpler, too.

Which scenario does your schedule fall into?

Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most...