Generate Letters for Attendance and Tardies

tpoirot
Padawan

Generate Letters for Attendance and Tardies

Hello,

I am looking for support on how to set up PowerSchool to automatically generate Attendance letters at certain thresh holds. Appreciate any help.

Travis

5 Replies
SAFFIYAT
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tpoirot

We recommend you try using the Attendance Tracking and Notification, which can be used in combination with the basic PowerSchool attendance setup. The additional setup elements allow for tracking truant attendance using a combination of thresholds and triggers.

Each time a student meets or exceeds a specific threshold, a notification record is created in the PowerSchool database. The notification records can be used to print attendance letters for students with truant attendance.

For more information, you can review the document Attendance Tracking and Notification. Let us know if you are looking for something else or in case of further queries.

Saffiya Tasneem
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Khatibb
Journeyman

Hello!

We have users that are looking for this automation also. 

I was able to read the information on the link provided on Tracking and Notifications yet fail to see any subject on automation. Please let me know if this is something that is available, or something to add to my PS Wishlist. 

Thank you.

Badran

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Khatibb 

If you want Attendance Tracking and Notification automated, then we recommend adding your request Enhancement Request.

You can log this request as an Enhancement Request on PowerSchool Ideas Portal so that the product team can take a look at this. This article should walk you through how to raise an Enhancement Request.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
jlevin11
Padawan

was this feature ever added? I found this forum because my district needs this too! 

CindyOp
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @jlevin11 

There are a few PowerSchool SIS Attendance enhancements in the Ideas Portal. I recommend searching for others for automated or attendance and reviewing the enhancements found. Without knowing exactly how the enhancement was worded it would be best for someone to share the idea number if they entered one. If you find one or decide to add one, please consider sharing it with others for them to vote up.

As features are being added to PowerSchool SIS, they are included on the PowerSchool SIS Roadmap as "up next, in progress, or recently released". The roadmap will help you locate any attendance enhancements that are being added to the product.

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support