Free Account vs District Account

msbutlerschoology

Free Account vs District Account

I’m hoping you can help me.  I signed up for a free Schoology account in either 2016 or 2017.  I used my school email address for this account, annmariebutler@bpsma.org.  My district finally purchased a license in 2020 and because I used my school email address, my free account was merged into the district account. My district is suffering a budget crisis and although they are purchasing powerschool, they are dropping Schoology.  I am desperate to keep my account.  Is there a way I can keep my account? I tried setting up a new account, using a new email address, msbutlerschoology@gmail.com.  It isn’t working for Schoology, it only seems to work for signing in to the Powerschool community. 

I’d be so grateful for any assistance that could be offered.  I’ve been a longtime user and it’s been a terrific asset for my lessons and my students. 

2 Replies
nicolebond
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

@msbutlerschoology I don't think Schoology offers the free accounts anymore. The only way to keep your Schoology account is through the school district. 

Nicole Bond
Director of Attendance and Enrollment
Haywood County Schools
Brownsville, TN

Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge
ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @msbutlerschoology,

After much consideration, we made the decision to end Schoology Basic to focus our energy on building innovative features and user experiences within Schoology Learning, our enterprise-level solution.

If you have questions about this notification that are not answered in our FAQs (link below), please email schoology-basic-customer-inquiries@powerschool.com.

Please note, we are only taking questions from Teachers with Schoology Basic accounts.

· If you are an Enterprise user, please reach out to our support team directly.

· If you are a parent or student, please reach out to your teacher/course administrator.

Please expect a response time of around 10 business days to your form submission. Should the inquiry be incomplete, the team will not be able to respond to the request.

Link to the FAQs: https://www.powerschool.com/faq-schoology-basic/ 

ParitoshT

Community Moderator 

Kudos encourage participation