EMA and medical alerts

jshoaf
Journeyman

EMA and medical alerts

When entering a medical alert under student alerts and/or the emergency/medical portion, it will show a red medical icon. When running reports for students with medical alerts, those students show up on the report.

When adding a health concern, you can choose the box that says "show in alert" and it will populate the medical alert icon. However, when running a report, it doesn't show this student as having an alert. Is there a way to eliminate the double charting? Is there a way to get the different pages to talk with one another and transfer the information? 

This also happens with allergies/epipens. If I enter a health concern for asthma, it doesn't populate anything in the emergency/medical portion. I have to re-enter it manually. If I add EpiPen for medication, it will not populate the EpiPen icon- I again have to manually enter it under the emergency/medical portion. Is there anything that we can do to have everything flow together? It just eliminates the risk of missed data 

10 Replies
NinaRi
Veteran

Hello @jshoaf,

Thank you for reaching out in the PowerSchool Community!  Can you please know which report you are running?

Is it a system, state or ReportWorks report?  Once you provide us with this information we can take a closer look into this and provide you with your next steps.  

Nina R.
Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.
jshoaf
Journeyman

@NinaRi for the medical alert report -- PSCB reports > Misc > Medical

There is also an issue with health info reports. System > Health > Health info report -- this shows student name, meds, health concerns, but the contact info is blank. In PowerSchool in both the contact section and Emergency/Medical section, contacts are listed. I haven't been able to find a solution for this one either. Thanks.

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @jshoaf,

Since PSCB reports are custom reports that are not created by PowerSchool, we recommend reaching out to the author of this report to determine the expected behavior and discuss your requirements.  

The Health Info Reports will pull contacts based on "Original Contact Type". You can find more information here: Health Info Report. Can you please confirm if you are still using original contact information or have migrated to Contacts?

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
sborges
Journeyman

Hello,

I was curious if you ever was sent a solution or explanation to your question.  We just started with PowerSchool Health in our district and the alerts/conditions is something I want to have a definitive work flow for the nurses.   Thank you in advance for you time.  

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @sborges,

Thank you for posting in the Community. 

I'd be happy to assist you with your queries. Can you please elaborate more on your question and what you are trying to achieve?

Meanwhile, I would recommend reviewing the following articles and documents which will help you get started.

How To - Enable/Create various Student Alerts 

Health Concerns

Health Plans

ParitoshT

Community Moderator 

sborges
Journeyman

One big issue is that we can not run a health condition report for the whole school with all health conditions.  

Secondly, without an alert medical icon a nurse is not alerted that there may be health conditions associated with that student.  Do you know if any districts have a separate icon specifically for nurses to view confidential health conditions?

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @sborges

Currently, there is no medical alert setup separately to notify nurses. 

You can share this idea as an Enhancement Request on  PowerSchool Ideas Portal so that the product team can take a look at this. This article should walk you through how to raise an Enhancement Request. 

You can also work with our Customizations team who may be able to build this custom alert for you. While this service does have a cost associated, we want to make sure you are aware of all available resources. You can submit a request for customization here using the Customizations form.

You can review the following Health reports and see if these meet all the conditions:

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

JBlack72
Hobbyist

We are having the same issue. Did you ever get a clear answer on how to run a report for Health concerns?

CindyM8
Expert

PowerSchool has a built in report for health concerns. However, if I recall correctly you may need to go to Start Page > System > System Report Security > Adjust which security groups have access to the various health reports.

CM

carye
Rookie

I run these reports MBA Alert Creator; Alerts Report; Standard Alerts; Medical. When I check the box, it lists every student that has a medical alert and type.