Help

Copy Courses one Semester to another

dletson
Padawan

Copy Courses one Semester to another

Is there a way to copy all courses for a teacher from one semester to another on the live side. If so, what are the steps?

I work at a HS on Block Semester and I hand build sections once the master schedule is built and pulled out of scheduler.  I would like to copy classes so that I do not have to hand build them all each semester.

Thank you,

1 Reply
ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

You best bet would probably to use the PowerSchool Import Template to import the new sections. You can find the template here: https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerSchool-SIS-Knowledge-Base/Available-PowerSchool-SIS-Import-Temp...

Keep in mind there is a template for PowerScheduler imports and a template for Importing other types of files on the live side. So if you are looking to import sections AFTER the schedule is live and committed I would use the standard import template. There is a tab specifically for importing sections.

You can do an export of the sections that are active in the first semester and use that data to populate the the template. Make sure you update the termid and section numbers for the upload.

Doug Skinner

District Instructional Data Officer
Gateway Regional School District

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.