CRDC for 2021-2022 Collection

huntert6110

CRDC for 2021-2022 Collection

Hi, is there any word on when the CRDC data collection tool for the 2021-2022 school year will be available? I'm currently only seeing the report for the 2020-2021 school year.

43 Replies
shackbarth
Hobbyist

Would like to know this also.

lluering
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Illinois was updated this week. But we are trying to run it and the report is failing with the following message.  We have opened a ticket with support to hopefully help.

Error Message --- The error occurred in file:///C:\Program Files\PowerSchool\temp\tomcat-olap\core.CRDC_System_insertData_2022.xml.1127296881471592070.tmp. --- The error occurred while applying a parameter map. --- Check the insertIntoCRDCSystemStudentsTable_2022.oracle-InlineParameterMap. --- Check the statement (update failed). --- Cause: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-20102: COMMON_CRDC_REPORT_2022.getCommonCRDCStudentDetails - An error was encountered - -904 -ERROR- ORA-00904: "STU_X"."SECTION504_YN": invalid identifier ORA-06512: at "PS.COMMON_CRDC_REPORT_2022", line 2366
nicolebond
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

TN:  All I get is FAILED.

Nicole Bond
Director of Attendance and Enrollment
Haywood County Schools
Brownsville, TN

Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge
lluering
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

When I click on the Report Name, I get a pop-up with more information that gave me my error messages

jwilkins56
Journeyman

What are the possible workarounds that we can use until a report comes out? Are there guidelines to create an export?

lluering
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

I just got another update from PS Support. 

"The System version of the report is not coded to pull from any state specific fields and that could be a factor for the report failing.

Each state will still be releasing their own version of the CRDC report and that will be (when it is released) appear on the State Reporting tab,   You will want to keep an eye on the Release Notes for when that is released."
lluering
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

I updated yesterday, and the report in the State Report tab still is not for the current collection.  I tried the report under System Reports again, but that still errored out.  We are so frustrated.  This collection was supposed to happen in the summer, since they pushed the collection over 6 months I do not understand why the piece that we all need to complete this is still not working. 

P.S. I am in Illinois

BrandonS2
Apprentice

I would like to see an update.  This report is Due on Feb 23 I also did see that it was Published Date 12/16/23 but I just check it and it does not line up with the current CRDC file

brianneking
Practitioner

Hello,

I am also looking for an update- it seems that there is a lot more criteria that is being asked this year that the report is not pulling.  With the due date approaching quickly- I think this needs to be worked on ASAP!

BrandonS2
Apprentice

I found the new 21-22 under the PowerSchool system reports I added a pic for you also let me know if it works for you. Because it does not run. It errors out when I run it. I talked to support and they said the next report system update will fix that but now the date on the update being released is unknown they said this month or so.

jwilkins56
Journeyman

I have looked at the report but there is a lot of information that needs to be entered before you can even use the report.

Error generating CRDC - No school data found. Verify CRDC School ID values are populated at Start Page > District Setup >
Schools/School Info > Edit School > Civil Rights Data Collection 2021-2022

You need to go to the location highlighted above and
fill in the information found at the bottom of the page. Make sure you are in 21-22
upper right date. Then run the report again and this should be populated

I am at a small school district so we are using the 2021-22 CRDC Excel School Form and creating spreadsheets/reports of the information needed. 
lluering
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

That's what they told me in December.  I just installed the 24.1.1.0.2.0 update yesterday and still cannot pull the report. 

BrandonS2
Apprentice

Question for all and I agree with everyone in the group that we all need answers here on this report so we can all know what PowerSchool is helping with and what they are not helping with. The question I have is did anyone call CRDC on if we can file for an extension? and are they wear of the PowerSchool problem?

MarkM8
Apprentice

Report fails no matter what. version SR Version: USA-PA 24.1.1.0.2.0

HIZKIAG
Journeyman

This is not about the CRDC file generated through Powerschool.  I've never been successful in doing it, so I generated the file outside of PS using the tables there.

Anyway,  I'd like to know if any of you have uploaded any file for 2021-22?  I did my first upload just for school characteristic, and the status showed that parsing has been completed.  I then went to the error report and found some errors.  When I looked at the errors, I found that the answers were still from 2020-21.  I went to the school completion report, and it shows some with last edited in November 2023 while I didn't go to the site at all recently, and I'm the only one in the district that has access to it.  And many other issues.

I just am wondering if I did something wrong, or do you think the system was not setup to receive new data?

Thank you!

jwilkins56
Journeyman

The last edit date for November 2023 is the last time the CRDC went in to update before the release in December. There will be some data from 20/21 but when you upload or edit it will be overwritten. We were lucky to go to the training by MPAA and they have resources on their website that you might find helpful. Civil Rights Data Collection Resources - Fall 2023

We used the Excel Files provided by the CRDC under the Resource tab ( Excel Data Collection Template School Form and Excel Data Collection Template LEA Form) to create a Flat file for upload. We also used the videos for Using Excel Templates, Submitting Flat Files, and Troubleshooting Flat Files found on the CRDC resources https://crdc.communities.ed.gov/#program/training-videos 

The other helpful resources are Zeroes, Blanks (i.e., Nulls), and NS. That was where most of our errors occurred. Sometimes you leave a field blank, sometimes it needs a 0 and sometimes the category does not apply to your school(s) so none of the questions should be answered. That is where the Excel files from the CDC came in handy because they would blank out the questions that do not apply to your school(s).

Honestly, the error check was guesswork. If there was an error and there was a 0 we took out the 0 or if there was a 0 and there was an error we took out the 0.

BrandonS2
Apprentice

Hello, everyone we are now in Feb and the correct report still is not working in PowerSchool has anyone heard anything about then fixing it like really soon? also, what are you all doing waiting or filling out what you can? Also from IL here

lluering
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

We updated to IL 24.1.2.0.3.0 and we are able to pull the enrollment data.

shackbarth
Hobbyist

Interested to know which department in your district completes the CRDC, or is it sent out to the individual school sites?

kcrable
Practitioner

At PSD - most of the reporting is completed by the Child Accounting Department - limited Business Office input for FTE teachers/certifications and absent more than 10 days.