Can’t transfer schoolspring account

Trossi1
Rookie

Can’t transfer schoolspring account

My School Spring account won’t transfer because I was never prompted to do some while registering for a new account.
10 Replies
KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Trossi1 

We see that you have been working with the PowerSchool Support Team and the resolution was provided that you will need to sign up for the account and then you can transfer the information from your old account to the new using the same email.

We recommend referring to this article: Transferring-Old-SchoolSpring-Account-to-New-SchoolSpring.

Please let us know if you are still facing any issues or need any further assistance.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Trossi1
Rookie

Hello,,
I have followed all instructions and was never shown the prompt to “transfer” old account. Now, I only have a new account and I cannot access my old account.
ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Trossi1,

Please make sure that you should first be clicking (on first-time use of New SS) Sign In/Register > Sign Up > and enter in their email as you used it in Old SchoolSpring. After you finish doing so (as well as setting a password) you'll be sent a verification email.^^ Only after you finish that verification will it then give them the "Transfer Data" screen.

I'd maybe see if you can identify at what point along that click path you believe something had gone wrong or if you had finished the verification part of the process. You may also want to check and see if your email is email even associated with your new account if you're claiming to be logged in with.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator 

Trossi1
Rookie

This has now been weeks of me not being able to access my old account. As mentioned in my previous messages, I never saw a “transfer” option. Instead, I had to create a new account (using the same email as my old account). I verified it via the email sent and when I logged in, there was not a “transfer” option. This is not resolved.
chrissykcarr
Journeyman

This is so silly -- I cannot access the transfer or skip button on my laptop but I can on my phone.

It should be so difficult.

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @chrissykcarr @Trossi1 

@chrissykcarr This may be a browser caching issue. We recommend try on another browser on your computer if it helps to resolves the issue. 

@Trossi1 This is a known issue and our development team is working to fix it. We recommend contacting the Unified Talent Contact Support who should be able to take a closer a look at your account and assist you further.

KritiS
Community Moderator

If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
jCobb1
Recruit

I signed up to the Spring account to fill out an application and it keeps asking to transfer info from my old account but I don't have an old account

CindyOp
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @jCobb1 

Thank you for reaching out to the PowerSchool Community!

I understand you keep getting asked to transfer info from your old account and you don't have an old account.

The "transfer" page is only necessary if you had a SchoolSpring account prior to a recent update. If you just created your account then skip the transfer data by selecting "skip" on the login page. On the next page, select "confirm". You will then complete your Personal Information. 

We have SchoolSpring Knowledgebase articles available on the PowerSchool Community that will assist you with various questions or issues when using SchoolSpring.

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support
Trossi1
Rookie

It seems my previous messages are being misunderstood. When I tried logging in to my old SS account, I was prompted to create a PS account instead. I was not given the option (on screen) to transfer anything. If I had seen an option to transfer my account, I would have. I followed the instructions given at that time and created a PS account assuming I’d be connected to my SS account. It didn’t give me access to my old account and I was NOT given the option to transfer at all. Therefore, I now appear to have NO access to my old account, and instead, have a new PS account, which is empty and therefore, not of use to me at all. I need access to my old SS account please.
KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Trossi1 

I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

If you have followed these steps and unable to transfer data as mentioned in this thread.then we recommend reaching out to our Support Team.

We recommend submitting a ticket with our Unified Talent Contact Support who should be able to take a closer a look at your account, gather more information and provide the steps to access your account.

KritiS
Community Moderator