SchoolMessenger/Message Sender in PowerSchool

TaraB9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

SchoolMessenger/Message Sender in PowerSchool

In the PowerSchool Enhanced Interface, our schools are not able to have their selection of students brought over by clicking on SchoolMessenger under Applications versus using Message Sender in the "old" version of PowerSchool. What other options are there to make this work in the new enhanced interface?

12 Replies
CindyOp
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @TaraB9 

Thank you for reaching out to the PowerSchool Community.

I wanted to check to see if you are still experiencing this issue.

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support
TaraB9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

This has been resolved with an updated plug-in. Thank you.

DerrickC1
Hobbyist

Hello,

Where can I get the plugin?

CathyL13
Journeyman

MessageSender is working on the new UI?  Thank goodness! Could you please share where you found the plugin update?  

TaraB9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@DerrickC1 and @CathyL13

I worked with a SchoolMessenger support person to provide me the updated plug-in. I also added an enhancement for them to figure out a way to let customers know when a plug-in is either available or needed. 

DerrickC1
Hobbyist

@TaraB9 

I found it.  All set!!

Do you know the name of the person you worked with?  I just had a chat with someone who told me that development is still working on resolving the "message sender" issue.  She did send school messenger version 3.5 to me but I don't see "message sender" any where.

CathyL13
Journeyman

Do you mean that version 3.5 of School Messenger has the MessageSender update?  Or did Tara share her connection with you?

DerrickC1
Hobbyist

@CathyL13 

SchoolMessenger SSO version 3.5 has "Message Sender" for the New UI but it's found under "Applications" at the bottom of the navigation panel, not under "Functions" where it's located on the old UI.  

CathyL13
Journeyman

Thank you so much @DerrickC1 !  My office admins will be overjoyed!

TaraB9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

My plug-in now is version 3.5. I was not at that version previously. 

CathyL13
Journeyman

Thanks @TaraB9.  I opened a case with SchoolMessenger to get the update.  Zavery Jones has dealt with some of our cases in the past.  Good to hear he's still around.

TaraB9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Zavery Jones is the name of the person that helped me through PowerSchool Support.