Summer School

lsamuelson
Journeyman

Summer School

I am setting up my summer school and need to know if I can  use both remote and direct enrollment in the same summer school.  We have students from our school which I will enroll remotely but we also accept outside students.  How will this affect stored grades, etc.?

3 Replies
Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Re: Summer School

Thank you for your post in the Community!

If a student has stored grades within the district, the grades should not change when registering direct or remote students.  The stored grades should follow the student at any school location.  If a student is entering the district, the previous school year grades enter the system should follow the student as well.  All users with access to view a student's previous grade should see previous school year grades in the student's profile.  The grades will show the school location/ course the grade was achieved. 

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
lsamuelson
Journeyman

Thank you for your response.  We are a private school, not part of a district.  Students who are not in our school would be from public schools (or other private schools) in the area.  My concern is the documentation says I should store grades for remote students in their home school.  So do I store again in the Summer School for those students who are not remote students?  I’m sorry if I am not being clear about this.  We had issues with storing grades and running report cards last year and I’m trying to avoid those issues this year.

Thank you,

Lisa

Community Moderator ScottS
Community Moderator

Hi @lsamuelson 

Yes, with PowerSchool SIS, you would indeed need to store the grades twice. Once for the remote enrolled students from their home school, and again for the direct enrolled students from their home school.

Scott S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!