"Record Not Ready to be Started" on Returning Student Verification

nitinware

"Record Not Ready to be Started" on Returning Student Verification

My son has completed KinderGarden and will be starting his First grade in August, so we want to complete the enrollment for the same, with no change in ISD and school. In Home Access Center under Update Enrollment tab, I see a form "Returning Student Verification" when I click on the start link, it gives me an error "The matching roster record in PowerSchool Enrollment (student ID: ----) is not yet ready to be started"

Appreciate your inputs on this issue.

3 Replies
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @nitinware

The PowerSchool Community is a great resource if you have any changes to be made while completing fields within the enrollment form. Each district, however, has a different registration process and can provide the best steps to move forward when enrolling students. 

This error usually occurs if the student records are not notified or put on hold at the district end when maintenance is being done. I suggest you reach out to the district directly about this because they would surely be able to update the records and fix the error.

You can check out the FAQs related to the enrollment process here.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

Melissaboj7

I am receiving the same errors when trying to complete the returning student verification link on the Home Access Center. I see there is an option for a snap code, however I did not receive one. I read that it was included in the original correspondence for Returning Student Verification... I emailed the school registrar and am now waiting for their return mid-July. Grateful for an suggestions to complete this sooner.

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Melissaboj7

As mentioned above this error usually occurs if the student records are not notified or put on hold at the district end when maintenance is being done. So, you need to report this to the district to be able to proceed with registration.

I recommend first checking the spam/junk folders of your email for the Snapcode. If you did not receive it, please review this article:  No Snapcode which will help guide you through the steps to access it.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!